Friday, July 24

Canoeing

I was going to post about each day of Canada one at a time... but I uploaded a video for this post, so I kind of just want to go for it! Here goes:Luckily Dad doesn't read my blog very often, so I can publicly say that canoeing in Banff was a HIGHLIGHT of our trip! Unfortunately, the rental place only let 3 people go out at a time, so dad volunteered to scout out the city and work on the itinerary for the day while tackled the river for about an hour. We tried not to rave about it too much so Dad wouldn't feel bad, but let's be honest, canoeing was a GREAT TIME!

We rowed along the river to Vermilion lake. Vermilion lake is code for "Heaven on Earth!" It was so so beautiful!
The skies were blue and the weather perfect! Mom found a number of bugs land on her hands that "depended on her" for support, so she basically just sat in the middle and never rowed. I was paddling hard up front and Scott was the rudder. We pretended to be pirates and made friends with fellow canoe-ers along our way. We did cool tricks in open water and took relaxing breaks in the shady spots.

5 comments:

NatalieD said...

I might need to tag along on your next trip to Canada. I'm so sorry I missed your visit today!!! Come again!

gwt said...

Great times. Never fear - I had my own special visit to Vermillion Lakes so don't feel bad. It was so beautiful. When do I get to see all the photos?

Hermana Whitehead said...

Your video was a hoot. Beautiful country! I've been to Banff and have seen Lake Louise, but never got to canoe on any lake. What a fantastic trip. Your dad is a great sport.

Heather said...

Looks awesome. I really need to go to Canada again, eh?

Sara said...

That video made me actually laugh out loud! You guys are always such a riot :)