
Mother's day was one of the best days I've had in a long time. So good in fact, that it gets two posts; one for the morning, one for the afternoon. First of all, Kara Shoemaker came over for a sleepover Saturday night. This girl is a crack up. Really, so chill and so funny. She's Hawaiian.
Anyway, we had a grand old time until the early hours of the morning, then slept for a bit, and got up to make breakfast. We had lots of friends come over for pancakes/waffles and eggs. It's a good move to invite people over for more organized activities, because then they know where you live aren't afraid to stop over for mid-week visits :)
So breakfast was awesome, Jordan even did the dishes for us! In efforts to celebrate the day we each shared something we love about our Moms!
Then off to Orem for Jacob's mission farewell. It was so great to be there for his talk and support him as he heads off to Des Moines, Iowa for two years. I am so proud of him!


After sacrament meeting we all went over to his house for a barbecue. There was beef and chicken, but my favorite part of the meal was the salad. Here were my 3 favorite kinds:
-Caesar with romaine lettuce, fresh Parmesan, well seasoned croutons and firm tomatoes. Delicious!
-Cranberry pear salad with pine nuts and spinach leaves. There were cranberries and freshly cut strawberries with poppy seed dressing to top it off!
-This amazing Greek salad with leafy, green lettuce, feta cheese, olives, balsamic dressing and a bunch of other amazing wonders!
This man's mustache caught my attention from across the yard. Then I remembered that I saw him introduce David Archuleta on TV one time. So naturally I introduced himself and asked if I could give the stache a tug. He was very happy to oblige, and I actually did pull it pretty hard. He's the mayor of Murray/Jacob's uncle, and is currently doing a campaign "Save it or shave it?" What is your vote?
Also, Annie and I have a special connection. She dared me to do a backflip on the tramp, but I didn't because I was wearing a skirt. I was tempted :)


3 comments:
I especially loved those early reunions. And everybody was wearing something new!
The Mayor pic is priceless!
You look like you painted your skin tone so it looked Hawaiian like Kara's.
I can't believe you ACTUALLY pulled his mustache. Wow, you are brave. I wish our group had had more reunions. Come to think of it, I don't know that we had any. That stinks.
Post a Comment