Wednesday, May 13

Mother's Day part 2

After the JC festivities, I had my friend Allison drop me off directly at Bryan's apartment. From there we collected our things and drove up to Centerville. It is always so good to be with family. Luckily we made the tail end of Andrew's call so we were able to say a quick hi to him. I can't believe he gets back next month!
Sarah and I about froze our hands off cutting and skewering hunks of meat onto shish-kababs. And also, we got slivers from the splitting wood sticks... Bryan was master of the veggie-kababs and we had that meal ready in no time! We had grandma and Grandpa, Ed's family, Mark's family, Leanne's family and Charlene's family there with Bryan and I representing the Gordon Tanner family. And Ed gave me a hand massage. Oh, and Sarah painted my toenails. It was awesome. Poor Grandpa's hand is so swollen :(

Happy Mother's Day Grandma!

Bry was SUCH a crack up with Grandma!!!

I got to talk to some old friends that day, and of course mom, BeeGee, and Grandma. I saw my friend Jessica through a window so I went in to catch up with her, and when I got home, my roommates made Toll House cookies (absolute FAV) and I fell asleep to Gilmore Girls.

Could a day get any better than that?

5 comments:

Heather said...

what a grand day. I didn't know you watched Gilmore Girls. I've seen plenty of those on bedrest! Clever scripts.

Bryan Tanner said...

It was a great mother's day! (minus the mother).

Thanks for this post and the picture with Gma and me.

Shawna said...

How many people get two parts to Mother's Day? Loved the pictures!

Noelle said...

Looks like fun. That royal purple is a nice color on you :) I'm glad both you and Bryan got to go up and be with family on this holiday. Thanks again for the great card! It REALLY made my day!

Hermana Whitehead said...

You and Bryan are so sweet. Cute apron.