Monday, December 8

Suspicions confirmed.

I've had suspicions about modern dancers for a few years, but they were all confirmed upon my experience at BYU's modern dance senior recital. I feel justified in my claim that these were the directions given to the dancers:

1. Put a sheet on and wrap a colored towel around yourself.
2. Run out onto the stage and be crazy!
3. Occasionally play follow the leader.


Yep, that's about how well spent my Friday night was :)

(I did enjoy 1/7 of the numbers. The dance based on gymnastic/rythmn dancing was CLEARLY the best!)

7 comments:

Julie T said...

How do you know what you really, really like unless you see several things that you don't like? Some major, huh?

Hermana Whitehead said...

I think we have watch those dances with an artistic eye. The dances I've seen at DSC are aesthetically beautiful and the dancer's movements are so graceful. Give it another chance sometime Stefanie. You might change your mind.

Noelle said...

Yeah those were always my least favorite at "World of Dance." I'm surprised you sat through an entire modern dance SHOW!

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Dance: it's an aquired taste.

And I just loved the blog right before this about all your friends in different classes. Way to go!

Heather said...

Hope your finals/work/stressful situations go well. Just nine more days until party time in the OHIO.

Shawna said...

Modern dancers probably don't understand jump-ropers either!

Bryan Tanner said...

Thank you for going, so that I didn't have to. I was suppose to buy tickets the day of the performance but couldn't get on campus.

I'll tell my two friends who performed about your hypothesis on Modern Dance. (I won't tell them it was you though.)