Tuesday, May 27

Just Us Kids

We had SO much fun playing in Vegas this weekend! Arriving late Friday night, I met my dad's cousin Brian Chamberlain and his family. The Schmidt's from Sandy were visiting that weekend too, so we just had a little Wittwer reunion! We roasted mallow's in the backyard, sang (boy scout...) camp songs together and re-enacted Romeo and Juliet with balcony re-plays :) Let me tell you, it was FUN! I played cops and robbers, bear hunts, sword fights, and hot lava with the kids in the basement, and we just had so much fun with tickle wars and bouncy balls!

The following morning I was so lucky to be able to photograph cute Ariel. She is such a gem! So photogenic and such a fun, visible personality. We didn't have too much light to work with, but I think we came up with some fun shots. The backyard is landscaped beautifully! The other kids got a couple taken of them too! Around noon we headed out for lunch at In-n-out and then to the outlet malls! I didn't buy 1 thing. That's a record for the outlet mall... :) Heidi's basketball games (the purpose for our weekend away) went well, it was fun to see her own that court!


We got back to the Chamberlains just in time for some pizza and the competition section of the movie Jump In. They were very excited about my jump roping history... Heidi and I felt like movie stars as we rode down the strip in Brian's red, Mustang convertible! We got a taste of Vegas night life and enjoyed 3 spectacular water shows at the Bellagio.




Sunday morning we played some more, had a talent show, and practiced memorizing the articles of faith. Ariel (age 6) has completed her Primary "Faith in Action" award and cute Grant (age 4)has memorized Articles of Faith 1-7, and 13. IMPRESSIVE I tell you!


I can't believe I have lived almost 20 years without knowing my cousins the Chamberlains!

6 comments:

Noelle said...

I love Steffie too. :) I'm glad you had so much fun with cousins you never met -- kind of like what I did this weekend too! I hope your ipod battery got recharged today!

Julie T said...

What if you had missed this particular road trip? It would have changed your life! I've always yearned to know the Chamberlains better too! Every year they have a BIG family reunion end of July or August. You're invited to the Prescott, Idaho one on August 9th (There's a great rodeo and it's at Natalie's relatives huge cabin) but we'll be at BG's!

Heather said...

I love Steffie! I am so glad you got to have such a party in Vegas. Wish I coulda come too. Love you!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love the Chamberlains too! Their kids are so cute! Too bad we couldn't join the party in Vegas!

NatalieD said...

I love the Brian and Janet Chamberlain family, too. It almost feels like I'm related to them. Wow! And, by the way, it's the Pearson Family Reunion in Preston, Idaho (actually, Mink Creek, Idaho) on Aug. 9.

gwt said...

This just proves what you always say - 'It's all about family really.' It is wonderful that you could connect with more cousins. It just gets better and better for you this summer.