Monday, May 26

Pearls of Wisdom


Singing along to I'm Proud to be an American at the Bellagio night show, I asked my fellow viewer, "What do you think of my top two incisors." Completely understanding where I was coming from, my second cousin Brian responded, "Well, since you asked... they should be dropped about 1 cm. But, we could compensate for that by shaping your front teeth to complete your lateral lines." THRILLED at the awesome response, I proceeded to question Brian concerning all my orthodontic related questions. I love teeth.


Understanding my enthusiasm for mouths and jaws, and bites and teeth, and bones and gums... he kindly offered to take me into the office and just check things out. Well, that turned into about the best day of my life. We went to the office, localized and eliminated 7-8 unnecessary contact points in my mouth, consequently taking my "muddy bite" to one with a mere 2-3 contact points. AWESOME! We also shaved molars numbers 12 and 13 to reduce impact points and prevent my jaw from shifting (to compensate for overdrawn impact) in the future. We rounded my front, lateral line to give me "female teeth" and took the ridges off the cheek-side of my front teeth. It felt GREAT! He taught me about my genetic Wittwer teeth and narrow bridge. He informed me as to how my gums will recede with time, following my bone recession. Now I've identified the issue and know better how to care for my gums. GENIUS. I learned how to line teeth up and turn incisors just right. I learned how to fit top and bottom teeth together, and I learned that the Orthodontist should always be in charge of "the downstairs." Front teeth should measure 3 x 4, and the front 6 teeth should never make contact with the lower set. I learned why Mary Jane (or whatever her name is) from Spiderman can pull off fame regardless of her class 2, bite 2 set of pearly whites. I learned about sculpture and face shape and angles, and TEETH!

BEFORE:
(I know it's blurry, but check just check out the shape of the tooth.)
AFTER:Much better :)

So in the end of the day, it is worth it to satisfy budding curiosity during a Bellagio water show. You may end up learning more than you ever dreamed about orthodontics...

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looks AWESOME! I love the rounded edges. I think I need to have some work done. What my teeth probably need most is bleaching.

fantastic post. Good work sis.

Julie T said...

Congratulations-wow! What a difference! I am so grateful you got this much-needed help so early in life so you can enjoy the fruits for so long. Praise Bryan!

Noelle said...

Wow Stef, I can really tell a difference, it looks awesome! Admit it, you're a lucky dog.

gwt said...

So I finally got to the blogs. Great shots of the new teeth. You owe Cousin Brian Big Time!