Thursday, May 22

Picture commentary

So we had some fun TPing... We had to do something wild and crazy while the parents were gone for a week! Come on! It was up to me to brainstorm some sort of harmless, late night fun... here's what we came up with:
This is Heidi (14) Joe-man (12) and Steve-o (11) We dressed in all black and acted inconspicuous as we checked out of Wal-Mart with the largest bundle of toilet paper they sold...

Here is my most recent craft project. Okay, that's a lie, but it is my most recent one I am the most proud of :) These are my beautiful shells from New Zealand. If you were with me there wondering why on earth I collected so many shells, this is why. I'll have you know that I used all but 9 whole shells. (Some broke in transport of course...) Okay, so this is just a craft frame from JoAnn's with each shell hot glued on. Ali and I are relaxing on the beach in this sweet picture :) I LOVE IT AND MISS IT THERE!

And here is my celebration following a full week with Joe and Donnette gone. We got through the entire time keeping all the pets alive, bones whole, practices attended and hopefully we kept our grades up! I am SO glad I brought my mug here to California- I missed that thing in my 4 months away! And this hot chocolate packet came as a special gift from Santa Claus. It is so special to me that I hadn't drunken it yet... through all those winter months. Anytime I wanted to have it, I would just think, "No, if I drink it now, then I won't have it later when I want it MORE!" Well, having stared at it (on my nightstand!) for an entire semester, I finally drank the dang hot chocolate. And I liked it :)
Alright, So clearly, I'm just trying to catch up on my blogging. Sorry I'm not sticking to a theme, but I just had to get these random ideas out! I'm headed to Vegas in about 20 minutes with Donnette, Heidi and Steve. Fun times ahead! I'm so excited to be there with Brian Chamberlain and his family, and the Schmidt's as well! Who knew we'd be in town at the same time... LOVE!

4 comments:

Julie T said...

Niiiiiice frame you ended up with! And just think: you didn't even have to shell out $30 for it!!
And I remember taking that picture for you-wadda beach!!! That's some mug! Does it require two bags of chocolate mix? More importantly, does it fit in Golda's cup holder?

heidi said...

I love your picture frame! Super cute!

Noelle said...

Nice frame! I'm glad you guys had fun T-P-ing. :) The kids are looking so grown up!

Alison Spencer said...

THE FRAME!!! Congrats. That looks way awesome. I guess it was worth waiting for you to collect all those shells everywhere we went... :)