Saturday, November 24

JIM BRICKMAN

I am one lucky girl!!! It was kind of a struggle, but Kelsie and I got out of town soon enough to make it for Jim Brickman's free concert at Deseret Book in Midvale. It was such a thrill to watch him play and feel the spirit that is: Jim Brickman. I spent the day anticipating our meeting, and scheming up something wise to say before our picture. But when the moment actually arrived, this is what came out:



"Jim Brickman, it is a pleasure to meet you sir. I cannot tell you how excited I am to be here introducing myself to you. I want you to know that I spent my junior high and high school years rocking to your music." Here's the kicker, "There is only one living person I would rather meet than you, and that is the prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley."
At that point, Jim was just in awe, and took his time posing for our picture instead of rushing me along like the Deseret Book employee wanted him to... SLC is Jim's favorite place to perform, hence, he comes here for Valentine's day every year. From the way he was talking during the show, it sounded like he is very familiar with the Mormon lifestyle and knows what we believe. If you're interested, you can ask me over the phone what I wanted to tell Jim... I'm still working up the guts to tell him at his next Deseret Book appearance.

7 comments:

NatalieD said...

I bet you wanted to ask Jim Brickman if he'd teach you piano lessons, right?

Julie T said...

Okay, I'm interested/hooked about what you wanted to say to Jim Brickman. Do I have to call you to find out since we just barely hung up, or will you email me? (Congratulations!)

gwt said...

Lucky Girl! We have been listening to Jim Brickman this weekend and are beneficiaries of your having loved his music while here at home. Good luck with those piano lessons.

Heather said...

I LOVED your prepared speech. It is a privilege to meet you sir, do you think you can handle that? I be I know what you wanted to ask...and it has to do with a future wedding reception, am I right?

Noelle said...

Just like "What's up doc" :) I love that you have so much enthusiasm for this guy :) Here's the question: did you get the Christmas CD?

Stefanie Elyse said...

no, no... I did not get the CD and none of you are even CLOSE to being right about the comment I wish I had the guts to make...

Julie T said...

Did it have to do with the church or with marriage? It did, didn't it?!