Monday, October 19

Again... Seriously?

I think I've just fought my final academic battle with BYU.

It seems that paperwork often gets mis-filed, classes fail to substitute, Dean's refuse transfer credits, and study abroad classes don't fulfill requirements. (ex: None of our Jerusalem classes fulfill the GE "Global and Cultural Awareness." If that's not RIDICULOUS, I don't know what is!) I seriously go "discuss" my graduation plan with an advisor at LEAST 2x each semester. That totals a minimum of 16 visits with BYU advisers who seem to battle me far more than they advise or act as an advocate.

Well, last week dad got a letter in the mail stating that my graduation is pending. I never got too stressed about it, because I know full well that I WILL get my diploma in December, but clearing this up did add another "to-do" onto my list. Luckily I just went into the office, and as a record for shortest visit, my graduation hold has been lifted and I'm on track for graduation :) This time, the dean rejected my Honors section of Organizational Behavior in which I am currently enrolled because it's under a different title than the regular section. Seriously? Meh.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

I feel your pain...and so does Janet. Glad you got it cleared up.

Margene said...

WHAT A MESSSSSSS. Do they (higher up) even know what is going on. LOts BYU-I and BYU-H classes won't transfer to BYU-P either, go figure they are all church schools. They want us to get an higher education and then won't work with the students to let them get credit for what classes they take. No one is going to fit into the little mold they want you to. Yet they want us all to different. You will make it and keep pushing them.

Hermana Whitehead said...

Takes precious time out of the day. Sorry, but glad you're on track now.

Marcindra LaPriel said...

LAME-O!

Seriously? I detest jumping through academic hoops. That stuff is for sealions at Sea World, not college students.

Unknown said...

I feel your pain! It's not fun at all!