Tuesday, May 19

Spanish Fork Hot Pots

Last weekend we had a mini-Jeru reunion up Spanish Fork canyon. We gathered together, made sure we had all the vital things for a night of camping and hiking, and set out up Diamond Fork canyon. We had probably 20-25 people come to cook tin foil dinners, make banana boats and hike to the natural hot springs. I always love a good tin foil dinner, and these tasted especially good due to the well-marinated meat provided by Ryan Rampton, the awesome spices (compliments of Lauren) and everything tastes better when you work for it, right? Turns out large rocks make great cutting boards.
The hot springs were not too hot, but still very relaxing and definitely worth the walk. Thank goodness for headlamps. But, I did discover that my headlamp is officially dying, and needs new batteries. Scott and I were pretty thrilled about this new discovery: Banana Boats! You will probably get a "how to" pretty soon here, but basically it is hot, melted banana with chocolate and marshmallows inside. Delicious!

Ryan Rampton organized this whole shin-dig and manned the fire for us. Lucky thing he had those gloves because they made it easy to flip our tin foil dinners when it was time!

I was warm, snuggled down into both of my mummy bags, and wearing some awesome arch support socks. Yeah :) Here are some of the boys sleeping under the stars:

In the morning we kind of skipped over breakfast, took the tents down and cleaned up camp before making our way back to normal life in Provo. After a hot shower and a nap I was ready to go!

It was really fun to see my friends in a camping setting. They are all just so funny and every person has something different to contribute!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

I can't believe you missed banana boats at Girls Camp--they used to be a staple! Looks like the hot springs outing was very fun!

Heather said...

Mmm, they didn't do Banana boats when I went to Girls' Camp either. Looks super fun!

Shawna said...

I guess I did Girls Camp way back int the day!

Bryan Tanner said...

Super Jealous! That is something I want to do before leaving Provo.