Saturday, May 9

Mother's Day 2009

I've been looking forward to writing this post, because if you haven't caught on by now... I love to write about people who I love :)
This is like my favorite picture of all time. I think we were laughing about one of those ridiculous pass-along pictionary games... SO funny!

Mom- My mom has absolutely unconditional love. She has so much love in her heart and her number one priority is to help me be happy. She has an infectious energy that makes life a party! Her untraditional way of life is refreshing and motivating to me. I am so flattered that when I call, she pulls over on the freeway to give me her full attention. When I have flash cards to memorize, she is right there with me until I nail them every time. She encouraged me in candy sales at the ferry docks, helped me set measurable goals for myself in jump rope and gymnastics, and she still brings out the daredevil in me! How many missed opportunities I would have if it weren't for my mom to teach my how to take risks and be believing. I miss our secret handshakes and after school dance parties :) Dad usually gets all the credit for teaching the kids about money, but it is mom who stood in line for that perfect bedskirt at Value Village, and it is mom who cut coupons from the weekly ads. She helps me feel confident in myself and she has such a tender way of running her fingers through my hair and tucking me in as I go to sleep.
Heather- In light of recent events, I am reminded of the incredibly consuming nature of motherhood. Heather is a CHAMP! She is strong mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically. She gives those lucky kids every bit of herself and truly practices the art of motherhood. Heather doesn't let dishes and bed making get mundane, but instead rises to her call as a teacher, entrepreneur, event/party planner, chef, and even scientist as she does projects with the kids!














Noelle-
Why do people have to die in order to get an obituary? Well, if you are as great as Noelle, then you don't! I don't think anything I could write would give due thanks or honor to the girl I call my "Samaratin Soul Sister." Our family was blessed with an angel. Noelle is completely without guile. She has the purest intentions and constantly seeks to improve life for those around her. Although Noelle is still waiting for her baby to come in October, she is already a mother. Since a young age, Noelle has been practicing the principles of virtue, wisdom, joy, and she influences people every day that she lives. I love you Noelle.
Beeg- I just don't even know where to start! Bestagirl is the best. We like to joke that every good quality I have comes straight from her! Wait... actually, that is not a joke! It is so true! BeeGee is the most peppy, positive, selfless person I have ever met. She has taught me important things like the value of brushing my teeth, but more than that she has shown me how to live, laugh and love.

Grandma Tanner- She has taught me since the day I was born of the importance of hard work and diligence. Whether regarding schoolwork or music, Grandma wants me to be successful. I can tell that she loves me because she cares about my future. It has been fun going to school in Utah where I can take a quick jaunt up to Salt Lake for a visit. I cherish our memories eating canned peaches together in the kitchen, and having talent shows in the family room.
A big THANK YOU to all the mothers in my life who give me the help I so desperately need!

6 comments:

Julie T said...

I'm always saying, "Wow, Stef!" ..but this really is a wowser! It's such fun for moms to finally get these sweet pay offs. And you do a terrific job of expressing your gratitude!

NatalieD said...

Great post, Stefanie, in honoring all the mothers in your life. You're a blessed young lady!

Noelle said...

I read this last night but my computer would not load your post fast enough for me to see any of the pictures or your background so I had to wait to comment til today. Thank you for the sweet post. You are such a kind hearted samaritan soul sister and I appreciate all YOU add to our family. "Some day you'll be a mother, with a child of your own to love." --Shannon'slullaby.

Shawna said...

Amen! You will be wonderful mother just like your grandmothers, mom, and sisters.

Heather said...

This was a fantastic mother's day post. I appreciated the tributes to everyone. You are so good to stay on top of these things!

Bryan Tanner said...

This is a HUGE post! I hope everyone who was meant to read it took the opportunity.