She is a very neat person with an incredible desire to learn. She is internally motivated and she loves to do nice things for others. While we were roommates, I invited her to church several times, and talked to her about what I believe. How my knowledge of the gospel makes me happy each day. I was glad to share that with her, but also grateful for the opportunity to reflect on how my knowledge of the Plan changes my attitude and decisions on a daily basis. (p.s. the picture above was right after I cut her hair :)
The night before Caroline moved out, I gave her the "Livro de Mormon!" She was so excited to get it in Portuguese and grateful that I would share something so special to me with her. I had written my testimony in Portuguese in the front cover (Thank you Dallin for translation) and marked some scripture blocks. Caroline read my testimony aloud, and I know even in that moment that she felt the spirit. I can't understand Portuguese, but I did understand that Caroline knew how firmly I believe in that book. She promised me she would read it, even though she is "very Catholic."
Isn't she the cutest?

5 comments:
That's so great. I'm proud of you--sometimes sharing something so meaningful with people can be hard because you never know how they will receive it. It sounds like she was very appreciative and hopefully will actually read your gift.
Stef, that is so awesome. You are quite the little missionary. It's inspiring to see how people react when you share something so precious.
Missionary Moments! Congrats and good for you to reach out. Keep them up.
It's been too long since I've shared a BOM. Thanks for the motivation! Where's the haircut pic?
How could Caroline not have been very grateful for the Book of Mormon when you had shown her so much love and shared so many things together? Forgot to tell you how we shared our last BOM: sealed it in the boxes with the 50 Harvard Classics we sold to a great guy on Craig's list with our testimony! Hope he loves it!!!
Post a Comment