Wednesday, November 5

True Marketing

I almost paid $160 for 160 GB of space at the Apple store, solely for convenience. Then I decided to have patience, and opted to buy my new hard drive online. It has been a mini-nightmare with billing and shipping addresses. Since my parents changed the billing address (to the new house) and since I'm shipping to Provo instead of Sammamish, there were a lot of hoops to jump and sales representatives to convince. As of this morning, my order was still not shipped. Having explained my entire situation to yet another online mystery man, here is how things ended up:
9:44:48 AM Stefanie
Can your customer service department expedite the shipping free of charge to compensate for this delay?


9:45:58 AM Skylar
The shipping is now overnight for you.


9:46:11 AM Stefanie
ahh, THANK YOU so much!

9:46:33 AM Skylar
You're welcome. Is there anything else that I can help you with?


9:46:57 AM Stefanie
This is my first time buying electronics online, your helpfulness will definitely help Newegg get return customers :)


And that my friends is how it is done. THAT is how businesses keep customers. Marketing at it's finest. This blog is living proof! I was so impressed with how Newegg handled the situation, that I am now telling my friends :) And also, it never ever hurts to ask!

I would also just like to bring the sales rep's correct grammar to your attention. I don't want to say I'm "impressed," because I expect members of the working world to know how contractions work (come on, 4th grade skills...) but, I am pleasantly surprised :)

Do you know of a company with great customer service? How did they help you?

6 comments:

Scott said...

Wow. That is customer service, and I'm glad things are working out for you. It's time for your luck to turn.

Heather said...

I've always had good luck with Chick-Fil-A and their customer service. So nice. Everybody there.

NatalieD said...

Lands End and Amazon.com are just a couple of companies with great customer service.

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Good on ya! I am SO proud of you for getting FREE overnight shipping. Way to go!

And I didn't comment on your Halloween post but let me do so now:
That is THE best pumpking I have seen or ever will see. No, your love for N-Zed will never die, nor should it.

Marcindra LaPriel said...

PS Thanks for always posting on my blog. It really makes me swell with pride. :)

gwt said...

Les Schwab. We were driving home Saturday from Utah and at 5:55p lost our brakes in Baker Oregon. The Les Schwab guy sent us to see Lion King and then drove to LeGrand for the part and we were on our way by 9pm with a warm spot in our heart for a guy who not only worked overtime on a saturday night, but drove about 100 miles to help us. I have told that story a few times.