We parked about 2 blocks away from Bethany Beckwith's parents' second home at first, so we were just walking around St. George with bags and bikes in the beginning. When we found the Beckwith's house, the dad was waiting outside for us and greeted us with the phrase, "well did you bring a car or what?" We all thought that was pretty funny, but composed ourselves quickly enough to meet Bethany's mom.
This sweet note was left for us. Along with little candies strewn throughout the house, and more flowers than I have ever seen in a single room. Incredible.
Take note of the little doll on the recliner. Precious :) The morning of the race, Brooke's permanent retainer broke! Lucky thing I worked in the ortho office this summer, and lucky thing I keep nail clippers on my key ring for easy access. I suppose it's also a mercy that Brooke was okay with me using my dirty keys to clip the metal in her mouth. Had it not been for the triathlon and Tuacahn that same day, Brooke's procedure may have been the highlight of the day!!! Did I mention I LOVE teeth? :) hahahaha!
I don't know why Cam is doing a fake smile... possibly to make up for the fact that we got about 5 hours of sleep.
And meet the tri-athletes. Stefanie, Cameron, Kelsie, Tyler and Brooke. Cool shirts eh? Do we look nervous? Tired?
I might not use the word "fun" to describe a triathlon. I think my roommate Megan put it well when she said, "Exercising isn't fun. It's not fun when you can't really breathe." :) It felt really good to do a triathlon. I'm glad I did it, and I have no regrets. But, it might be a while until you see my name on the roster again. It's one of those things I've now crossed off my list. What's on your "list?" Have you ever been glad you did something, but aren't anxious to turn around a do it again?

6 comments:
Great pictures! I love how "action oriented" you all are. Lifting that bike over your head? Maybe we should change your nickname from Champ to Colossus or something. Is that all we get to hear about the race? "I want details, detail!" What were the amounts you had to swim, bike and run again?
As for your question, I would probably say climbing to the top of that mountain in Switzerland was that way. Because we climbed to the top we got to ride the tram down! I wouldn't want to hike it again though! On my list, see the pyramids, go to Jerusalem, ride in a hot air balloon, go to Machu Pichu, have healthy babies.
So glad you did the triathalon! I guess I need to make a list--right now it's just get up every day to teach Seminary!
Um, I don't think my name will ever be on the triathalon roster. I've got a long list, but nothing so physically demanding.
Me too! But I'm glad you know that now-you can direct your energies elsewhere! Your poses are so interesting. I hate to look at things with people just standing there with all the same expressions they use except with different backgrounds behind them!
You MAKE life fun and interesting!
Your triathlon brings back great memories. That must have been such a fun bonding experience. Do you think you're dun with races for a while or are you already planning the next one?
Post a Comment