A new experience for me was waking up the boys. I've never really done that before. And I got assigned to do the dirty work both mornings. I didn't really know what to do, so when the alarm went off, I just started chucking pillows at them from a distance and waiting for them to grunt at me. They kept complaining and not moving, so I had to take more extreme measures, but it worked out in the end...
We went to the student ward with Tom at 9am. It was pretty small, but fun to be in a different ward. (I missed my BYU ward conference though, that was bad.) The best part was definitely when they announced that the ward choir would be singing "Come Thou Fount." So after the first 2 talks people started getting up to sing, and I just sort of got up with them... An out of body experience really. There were only 4 girls singing, and I think I have sung that song once before, so I felt good about my contribution. It would have helped if my friends in the second row weren't smiling and restraining laughter the entire song though!
If this outfit looks familiar, it should. It's the only clothes I brought for the weekend. Don't even worry, you'll see this outfit in the next post too.

5 comments:
Wow, you sang in the ward choir, without bribery? That is unlike you... At least you'd sung it once before. I like your outfit. That's my kind of girl--pack light.
So glad you could stay at the Whiteheads. They're so awesome.
I won't say the words, but I remember when I would BEG you to get up and sing with the choir before college...now they can't hold you down! What happened???
You are going to have no regrets in Jerusalem travelling so much lighter-even if you do burn all your clothes at the end you'll be so sick of them! Way to go-literally!
I just wish we could have been there to see you and the tri-athletes.
Man, I haven't commented on your blog in a long time! I forgot that you stayed at the Whiteheads while you did the Triathlon. That must have been sooo fun.
Post a Comment