What a week! I arrived in Provo a little over a week ago and boy has it been a THRILL! Here is a short accounting of the highlights:
Thursday- Pioneer day parade in Seviere County with Megan Bird. GOOD times :) I had such a feeling of elation when I saw the Y :) I went to the library to be studious and just get back on campus. It has been too long! Had some friend drama that night and went to Bry's ward BBQ and a movie. I LOVE MY BROTHER!
Friday- I got my haircut by a New Zealand friend, went to visit my old office on campus, and checked out job postings for the fall. Bryan and I had an afternoon out at Costco and he took me out to lunch. I ate an artichoke with Macsen.
Saturday- Checked out my fall apartment and met some new friends :) I went to the Provo river with some friends to cool off from the HOT summer sun! We got drinks at Sonic before going to the Widmer's for an NZ reunion. I saw the Narnia movie for $1 :)
Sunday- I read two sessions of conference in the Ensign before going to Marcie's house for zucchini bread. I went to my new ward before dinner with the White's and more special friends (Delanos!) before Monticello's ward prayer. I played Battle of the Sexes with my friends. The girls lost.
Monday- After my morning run, I went to the Wilk and got my DREAM JOB for the fall. I will be a photographer for the Center for Service and Learning, in case you didn't read my last post... I changed my major back to HFL, reset my on-campus wireless connection and took care of some other random business. I ate as a vegetarian.
Tuesday- I run every day! I did my laundry and took care of a long to-do list of phone calls. I missed my sisters. Mags (NZ mum) emailed me with some distressing news that occupied my mind all day/week. I researched cameras and made a proposal for my boss. My roommate SAS DENZER had me over for some catching up time before I went on a date to Macaroni Grill. I ordered meat :)
Wednesday- I went running, again... 9am I convinced my boss to buy the camera of my dreams and went over expectations and position guidelines for my new job. I came away feeling so free to use my own judgment, but always remember, O be wise; What can I say more? (Jacob 6:12) I met up with my friend Andrea Basset for a Jamba and ran into my FUN COUSIN and Aunt and Uncle in line. I had a lunch date at the Cougareat, again, I ordered MEAT :) My sketch pad kept me company that night.
Thursday- After running and showering it was time to go to work. I clocked 5 hours that morning before my COUSINS came down to play from Centerville and Salt Lake. We used flotation devices in the Provo River and went out to dinner at Brick Oven. Great pizza and GREAT, free birthday pie! We attempted to watch a movie but got bored so we played hand games instead. I love hand games. This is the night I started my Shutterfly book of New Zealand! Stayed up working until 5am.
Friday- I worked on my Shutterfly book ALL DAY LONG. Only 1 break mid-day to go to the Jerusalem Center office to get a better feel for the application process. I think I'd like to work there. Hmmm... I worked all night again (okay, 4:15am this time) and submitted my book to be printed and mailed to me! Wow that was a LOT OF WORK!
Saturday- I cleaned up, packed up, and ran some errands. Turns out gas is still expensive. I felt like such a Tanner shopping at Costco before Snowbird. I had lunch "at the club" as Heather calls it :) I can't wait to get to Snowbird and let the fun times roll.
People sometimes ask me what we DO at Snowbird and I never know what to say. It's the best week of the year, it's just SNOWBIRD!
Window Seat
2 months ago

9 comments:
Provo!
I love my brother!
Haircut
Costco
Meat
Snowbird!
No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Great summary babe! Glad you thought of us at the Club. Also that you eat MEAT every time you are on a date. Have fun at Snowbird and say hi to the fam for me! Be sure to play Spoons with Consequences.
Wow, that was a lot of color. It very well describes your general attitude with life. Live life to the fullest and even if doesn't turn out like you like, still be optimistic. I am excited for your havasupai trip--you're gonna love it. Make sure to bring chacos AND one other pair of shoes. Just a warning. Oh and a river tube if you can! It's worth it.
Congrats on your awesome new job. If life for you continues the way it has begun in the last two weeks, this is going to be your year, Stefanie. Enjoy!
Sounds like you've had a pretty exciting time since coming back to Provo. Where are you living right now?
It was lots of fun to see you unexpectedly at the White House! Were your ears burning this weekend cuz I had a conversation about you with the Chamberlains at our family reunion?
Stefanie, you have a great blog. I love the music you put with it.
When you dream, dream big. That's the truth too, and it fits your life plan, you really do dream big.
Post a Comment