I have never done tie dye before, but it is a new favorite past time :) I can't wait to try it again with a different pattern/technique or different article of clothing. We asked maintenance for 10 plastic garbage bags and a few sets of latex gloves. When they refused to give us so many bags, we sent the little girls back for more. Genius.
You can do the crumple method or stripes or other designs, but since I've never done anything before, I decided to try the classic tie dye swirl. You just swirl it up and then put 3 rubber bands around. Dye each section a different color, and never use more than 3 colors because they will mix together anyway...
After letting the dye set in for about 24 hours we washed them out in the tub and let them dry. As we hung them over the banister the water aerobics class began asking how they were priced. "Our shirts are not for sale" was the answer. After it dried I had all my cousins sign their names on the back. (Don't worry Heather, Bryan and Noelle, your names did in fact make it on!)
I love being part of a big family and I love crafts :)
Have you ever tie dyed anything? Was it a success? Do you actually wear it?

2 comments:
I can't say that tie-dye is a favorite pastime, but I can say I have done it. Mine didn't come out nearly as cool as yours. I'm honored my name made the shirt. Did you change the "font" when adding our names so it looked like we actually signed it? Just curious. Socks and chacos? hmmmmm...
Ah, there's the answer to my previous question! Great job - what a fun cousin project.
Post a Comment