Saturday, July 19

Choice

After taking photos of my Nalgene in the grass, and my shoes in a flowerbed, I spotted some pre-teen boys skateboarding in the street. Perfect. I just wandered up to them, explained myself and asked to "hang-out" with them. Just what I wanted: A chance to play with my action shot modes and experiment with shutter speeds. They were more than happy to let me take pictures and had courage to try harder tricks than before. All I cared is that they get some air, but it was actually pretty fun to watch them for about 20 minutes. I learned a thing or two about skating, and believe it or not, there is actually a purpose to "skater shoes!" I'm extremely anti-skater shoes, but since hanging out with Rex, Todd and Pete, I've gained understanding and softened my heart (only a little) to the idea of skater shoes.

They are pretty dang cool... Check out the kid in black. "Choice" I tell you...

4 comments:

Bryan Tanner said...

I would have boarded had I not been terrified of braking my body.

(I had some pretty close calls with Bryson.)

Noelle said...

So.....what's the purpose?

Heather said...

Yeah, tell more about the skater shoes.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got to hear all about this from you in person last week.
I am so sorry it's over. It was so much fun having you here for those few days.