Friday, July 18

Low f-stop = happiness


Since playing with my camera some more, reading the manual, and checking out online forums and photoshop wizards, I have discovered for myself the beauty of a low f-stop. I always knew the lower you can go the better, but now I have a true apprectiation for a low f-stop. That means a shallow deapth of field in camera terms. The photography world is so amazing! I can't wait to improve my skills and someday become the person to put tutorials online. It's fun to learn, but I just want to feel like I know exactly what I'm doing instead of experimenting. I love the detail in this shot.
Why do you think this flower has holes in the same place on each petal. The flowers surrounding this one were the same way... I can't figure it out.

3 comments:

Noelle said...

Maybe the hungry caterpillar ate through it last Wednesday while it was still a bud.

Bryan Tanner said...

Hurrah for cameras! You're beginning to metamorphize into quite the pro!

Heather said...

great work on those shots.