Thursday, May 29

Some Things Never Change.

Some things never change. I thought the things I endured during my teenage years were "High School" things. Turns out, the world is the world whether in the halls of Redmond High, or in the filing closet in Corona. Maybe it's because I am literally boxed into my room, or maybe its that I have little in common with my co-workers, that allows all 8 The Board Dudes employees feel like they can swear 3+ times per sentence, and dress... well, disgustingly.

Here are 3 traits that cross over between high school and the real world:
1. Name calling. I overheard 2 ladies talking today about their boss at the corporate headquarters. "He doesn't act that way to you though.. the big, fat weasel!" Seriously! That's what I heard! I was CRACKING UP.

2. Grammar. I file papers. In efforts to use even a minuscule part of my brain during the day, I read the papers I file :) It is cool to see the factory locations detailing places I've been this year! Kowloon, Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Xian, China... But, one series of emails I encountered today read: "Order date: No later then 9/5/06."

3. Procrastination. Pretty much everyone in the office is in a flurry and all perturbed every day because, for one, their company just got purchased by MEGA (the same parent company to Roseart) and they took away access to programs The Board Dudes use, and"Those ____ (people) have absolutely No ____ idea what in the ___ they're doing with the ___ company." Honestly. That's how bad it is. (Okay, this is not the section on language, I'm moving on!)Umm, okay, and the second reason they're all frustrated is because with the company being bought, they never made their collections to Office Max or Office Depot for the 2007 calendar year. Now they are going through law suit after law suit trying to claim checks such the one I filed today for $28,721.14. Yeah, big money. So, in the end of the day, don't procrastinate! Or you might miss out on lots of money like the company who employs me.


And here I sit. Filing papers, making sticki notes, and using a highly potent sharpie on box after box... It's a mercy I'm getting an education so I can work my way OUT of this filing cabinet of a room!

4 comments:

Julie T said...

It's fun to see the room you work in. And learn that it's actually a blessing you don't have to be around your fellow employees more than you do inasmuchas they use such _________ language! Welcome to the world outside BYU! It's great to be an at-home mom!

Noelle said...

Wow that is a bad swearing problem--I'm sorry. Isn't education a wonderful thing? Have you started a countdown til your job is over yet? PS I had a dream last night that Allie Petesch was a professional singer.

Heather said...

Good perspective. That's a mercy about your education for sure. Glad it's only temporary.

Love ya, H

gwt said...

Thanks for sharing the "office" you work in with us. At least you know what to do and you can take some satisfaction that the company may have a little less trouble in the future with their records because you were there. Good for you to hang in there.