Suzanne and I have officially revolutionized prank wars. After scheming for almost a week, we executed the funniest, the sneakiest and THE best joke ever. We coaxed in and actually CAUGHT a duck at duck pond less than a block away from our house, and then delivered it to a boy's apartment in our ward. I cannot tell you how proud we were when it finally worked!
Our first attempt didn't go so hot. We rested the tub (the kind I store things in under my bed) on its side and trailed bread extremely near to the tub. Then, Suzanne picked one up, and quickly put it in the tub. But since she was inserting the duck with such force, it accidentally flapped/bounced off the back wall before I could slide the lid down and get it clamped.
Then, we had to regain trust. Ducks are extremely dumb, but after one of their own had nearly been captured, they were weary for about five minutes. You can see in the video how things went down.
Ali was our kind photographer and extremely anxious for me to chase the ducks. Suzanne suggested not to creep but, "lunge Stefanie, LUNGE!" We had to use quietish voices so as not to scare the pond-friendly birds. We did collect a few (probably 3-4 ) curious spectators who stopped to see what was up on their way down rape hill. Three of them were ward members quickly sworn to secrecy. One of them was the boy I've been crushing on since the start of September. I think he thought this whole scenario was pretty funny/creative of me. I hope so. Another onlooker (a girl this time) looked extremely concerned for the welfare of the duck. But hey, she didn't stop us, so we figured she wouldn't be a deterrent. We were convinced before we started that Suzanne and my savvy escape tactics could get us out of any trouble we may get ourselves into. The risk was worth the reward. When was a time in your life when you were rewarded for a BIG risk?
After capturing the duck, we took a few pictures and then slid the lid under the bin directing the duck to "step up ducky!" Step up onto the lid, that is. Right then is precisely when the duck pooped on me. SICK! (And all over the bin for that matter.) At least that means he probably didn't get rid of anything once in the apartment. We innocently carried it back to Monticello, went down the stairs, opened the door, released the duck and RAN!
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
So you're probably wondering about their reaction. They HAD to know it was us, and didn't give us a reaction at all. They didn't even bring it up. Well, these boys are too smart to give us praise, frustration or any emotion at all. We'll just have to wait and see how they take revenge. I can't wait to someday hear how they got the duck out and who was home when it waddled in.
If ever confronted about the duck waddle, here are some ideas of how we may reply:
1. It was a good "luck duck" since Rob had a job interview today
2. We wanted to give Joe a unique birthday present (24 b-day that day)that he'd never forget
3. We knew Dave LOVES animals and just wanted to help him out, catching duck is quite the task...
The rest of the night when asked the common phrase, "How are you?" Suzanne and I replied, "Just Ducky :)" I know this is a long video- but stick through it- it's TOTALLY worth it!

6 comments:
Ohmigosh! Could you get arrested for this?! What a creative prank! I just fear for you when they come back bigger and stronger!!! You should have waited til a couple days before vacating for vacation! I'm just so glad you didn't decapitate the poor, scared thing with your mad lunge!
SO glad you caught that on video. LUnge, Stef, lunge! I wonder what the boys are going to do for revenge? It's gonna be really good...
Stef you are crazy!! It sounds like that was a lot of fun! Nice lunge! I would love to see Grandma Tanner's reaction if see saw this!:) Spencer also really enjoyed watching and thought it was very funny. I want to hear their retaliation and what they did with the duck!
NOTICE: No animals or people were injured in this prank!! Great video team. Yes you are crazy. The suspense will keep us all going through finals. Watch your back and remember whatever happens it is just water off a duck's back.
Ditto to dad: you are crazy. I can't believe you actually went through with that. Beware of the boy's return. When we pulled a prank on the boys freshman year, they were seriously considering buying some nightcrawlers and releasing them in our apt.
Having experienced the repercussions of pranks I played at BYU, I would advise you to always watch your back and be prepared to "duck" and cover! College life just isn't fun without prank-playing, though.
Post a Comment