They clump about 5 families together, and then that "team" rotates working on each house. that way they have lots of man-power per house, and they can help each other build. If I were doing it, I would want to be the last family to roof, pave or spackle so that the entire crew had practice doing it on the four previous homes. Then, all these families are neighbors and they babysit each other's kids. It is really a great thing!

So this time our site was in Pason. We shoveled, swept, nailed, dug out pavement, and hooked these big wooden roof parts to a machine that lifted them up for the men to attach. I kind of felt like home building was quilting, except large scale. So many measurements and exactness required. Always remember, measure twice, cut ONCE!"

Good old Josh Calvert is a PD (program director) for RHD. We had fun sweeping and playing together. Good times.

4 comments:
Way to be Stef. I am glad you got to help so much--sounds like a great service project. Are you a PD for any projects? Are you doing Sub for Santa this year?
Nice shirt.
cool program. I always need that measure twice reminder.
I am so glad you get so many opportunities to serve and then take them. Hoorays to you all.
Post a Comment