Tuesday, November 27

What I learned about pie

I was prettymuch the pie MASTER for Thanksgiving! Check em' out!



I love lattice tops, and enjoy pinching pumpkin pie crust. But, I learned something about myself through this pie making extraveganza: I like to be given a job, and then be trusted to do it. It is far more fulfilling to actually make the pie, than be told every two seconds, now add 1 TB vanilla, 3/4 C milk, 2 C sugar... honestly...

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Those pies DO look awesome! I love the star shaped pumpkin pie crust~ I think our teacher (Marcia--was it?) would be proud. I forgot why she wouldn't let us do lattice tops on our apple pies, but I was SO mad at her for that!

Heather said...

Umm, gorgeous! Would you please make us a pie at Christmas? I promise not to tell you any tips on how much of anything to add...

Janssen said...

Excellent looking pies! Thanks for the invite and happy birthday!

gwt said...

Great looking pies. I second Heather's request. I can't wait.