Sunday, September 30

stake activiy

So this is Handsome Rob:

He's the one I did that dating interview with. This is at a dance party where I figured out that my USA jump rope shirt is really great one for collar popping. How I convinced Rob to pose with me, I don't know...And, take note of my killer armpit sweat. Pretty amazing. This was at our stake activity.

This is the whole group at the dance party. We kept losing power, but it was great to dance outside (much cooler) up the canyon between such gorgeous mountains. Amazing really, to find myself back at a STAKE DANCE!!! I'll have you know I got asked to dance every slow song... boy have times changed since Redmond :) I'm never going back!


We got to the activity after over an hour in the car. It took so long to get up the canyon in springville. Once we arrived, we decided to ditch the line for food, and went straight to the source. I just went over to the truck where they were unloading the pizzas and grabbed a box for my friends. It worked out splendidly :) This picture is in front of the human slingshot. They strap you into bungee cords and then pull you out on a 4 wheeler. Then, once youre pretty far they sling you up about 30 feet into the air. It was pretty cool, but looked kind of wimpy to me. Everyone else was super impressed though... They had volleyball, trampolines, zip lines, a pond with a canoe, lots of food, and even croquet going on. Basically, it was a full on P-A-R-T-Y!

5 comments:

Julie T said...

Oh boy, why couldn't I have been born 35 years later and been your roommate? I would have had such fun! Am I to infer that you didn't do the 30foot sling? That doesn't sound lame to me-especially in the dark! What a fun ward you're in!

Heather said...

How do they catch you from the 30foot slingshot? Looks awesome, I wish we'd held a stake dance like that. What a killer ward you're in, you lucky ducky!

Stefanie Elyse said...

To clear up questions and comments: I did not go on the human sling shot, you had to come about 3 hours early to get on the sign-up. They had this activity last year, so everyone knew how fast the spots fill up to actually ride it. And, you are bungeed in between two tall poles. Like 60 ft. poles. Most everyone loved it, and it did look fun, but I wasnt too sad I couldn't do it because I just live every day anticipating my sky diving/bungee experience that is coming soon!!!!

Noelle said...

Weird, I totally posted on this yesterday. I guess it didn't take. The first thing that jumped out at me was your sweaty armpit. Wow. Also, nice work grabbing a whole pizza box like that. I'm happy to see you so happy! I think you're doing an open-mouth smile in about 76% of these pictures! Check it out!

Bryan Tanner said...

You can see videos of us if you simply google "Human slingshot"