Sunday, September 23

REI football

I have about 5 posts ready to go, but I decided to do this one next. Even though it's out of order, I just cant wait to show you my new jacket! Also, when I attached pictures, it puts the pics from the morning last- since I attached them first. I could put them in order, but frankly, I just didnt want to. So this first picture is of me and alison at the football game. I am getting more into the actual sport with each game I attend. I don't seek out the social aspect of football AS much anymore. Alison and I were doing the sign language for "green" since we were both wearing green at a BYU game- pretty taboo. Ali got this raincoat for NZ at REI that morning too.



Another great shot- but this time, ali and i are making the letters of "N" and "Z" except Ali was confused. Her Z is backward. I think this pose is going to become a popular one seeing as both of us are going to New Zealand together.



Pretty much AMAZING! Notice the perfect green color, and the perfect collar. Take note of the amazing thumbholes that keep my hands warm and make sure sleeves stay down when wearing a coat over the top. and p.s. Its North Face. And, it has an awesome diagonal zip collerbone pocket (i like to call it). Im telling you this coat is amazing. I loved it SO much, I went to the register prepared to pay the $60 listed on the price tag, but when she rung it up, it came to just $29! This jacket is a dream come true! I called to tell Heather the news on my way out the store, but Tanner answered and relayed the message: "Aunt Stef got new clothes. North Face. It was very cheap. She's so happy now!"



The reason we went to REI in the first place was to hit up the garage sale. Since neither of us were members, we couldn't purchase anything from the garage sale. But to make the drive to Sandy worthwhile, we tried on boots (seriously thought about purchasing them). I tried on probably 10 different pair and talked to 3 different consultants there. Unless something dramatic changes, I am going to purchase the Keen Women's Targee Mid II boot. Size 9. Believe me, I spent sufficient time debating. Dad, remember when you helped me pick out those Red Nike's 2 years ago at Bell Square? It was almost that bad, but not quite. Okay, well The keen, on my left foot (right side in the picture) is GREAT! It costs $120, but I think footwear for a semester of hiking is prettymuch a priority. I got a GREAT deal on my sleeping bag so I feel justified in this purchase. I'd love to hear your input (encouragement/disapprovement) on this subject if you care to share. I didnt buy them Saturday because I couldnt bring myself to shell out the dough. But I am going on a 2-3 day practice hike next month in the Uintah's. So this is a somewhat urgent matter. Especially if I order them online. And I also like this picture because the tall shorts, intense boots, and ARMY shorts make me look hard core. The thing is, I REALLY AM HARD CORE :)



Okay, so I get that I look REALLY bad in this picture, but whatever. I have begun to notice a pattern though. Maybe purple isn't my color, or the neckline is strange or something because every single picture I've ever had in this shirt looks terrible! This was taken last Saturday morning, before REI and the football game. Ali and I went to the Duck pond on 800 North for the Homecoming breakfast. Our pancakes are "true blue!" Long line though... it wasn't worth it. But on the up side, they did have some great music blasting that got us very pumped up :)



Sorry if there are typos or incorrect grammar in this- I am in a time crunch to finish finance homework and make CORN SALSA! Probably my favorite snack OF ALL TIME. This will be my first time making it on my own. Watch out world- I'll be chopping with big knives for the next hour or so... I love you all and miss you! See you in LESS THAN 3 MONTHS!!! (Can you believe the only-3-months-until-Christmas date was yesterday?) Any good ideas for Halloween costumes?

4 comments:

gwt said...

Nice coat!! Is there a shell that goes over it to make it water proof. If you are going to continue to be HARD CORE you should probably both get REI memberships. Then you get the sweet dividend at the end of the year to spend on more stuff. Good luck with the boots. I love my Keens.

Noelle said...

Yeah, and if you don't get a membership, you can use mine and I can get 10% of whatever you purchase there back at the end of the year. :) I'm glad you're getting so stoked for NZ, I really like the keens--I think they'll be a great choice and as long as your feet don't grow, they'll be great hiking boots throughout your adult life as well. Face it Stef, you're going to end up being a person who actually enjoys hiking after this...

Those pancakes really are TRUE blue!

The jacket is awesome, much different from what I was picturing, much more my style. :)

Julie T said...

Sorry I forgot to comment! But I got Dad to! The jacket is great-it looks just like you! And such a fun color too! The pants...? Well, they're nothing I would ever consider wearing, but I'm sure they'll see a lot of use in NZ and you'll be glad you had them. Your corn salsa sounds very tempting-are you willing to post the recipe??

Heather said...

You ARE hard core! That jacket just calls your name. I can't believe you found it. Twas perfetto per te! Great idea in theory with the blue pancakes, but did they dye your teeth? How'd the corn salsa turn out.

As for costumes, you've asked the right woman. Are you going to a party? With a guy, with one or two roommates? What's the costume for? That makes a difference as to how you dress. Your blog rocks, Stef. I am so impressed you make the time for doing it so well.