Tuesday, December 15

There is nothing permanent except change.

I think I've earned myself the title of "Worst blogger ever" by now... But, what are you gonna do... I've been busy. Well, between yesterday and this morning, I've taken 2 finals and I have 1 to go. The first test didn't go SO hot, let's just say it brought my grade for the class down into the B range. Dangit. The test this morning (Interior design and architecture) was the one I was least prepared for. I got 87% which I feel pretty good about, considering the amount of study that went into it. But honestly, had I studied more, I would still have forgotten a few things, and some of those terms/concepts on the test were not even part of my study guide! But I did get up at 5:30 to be on campus at 6 to study for the 8am test. I have had better hair days.

Last night was the annual friend Christmas party! We had the spread: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, rolls... the works! We had a white elephant gift exchange and then played Wii fit (which is always a good time! I'm especially good at the ski jump!) It was really fun to have such a grand "last hurrah" with all our friends. Many of them are coming to the wedding, but a few of the couples won't make it. I am so grateful to have such fun friends who are up for any activity/event we propose! They are all so much fun and we will definitely miss them. Scott did such a great job this semester planning FHE's for these 7 couples (14 people). We have TONS of great memories, and it was just fun to connect with them on a weekly basis.

Today I have to study for and take my FINAL FINAL of my undergraduate degree, and then run about a million errands in Provo/Orem. I'm picking up the bridesmaids dresses, getting my ring from being cleaned, making 2 returns, finishing Scott's Christmas gift, looking for wedding jewelry, and getting/writing Thank You notes for my Provo bridal shower last week (and maybe I'll even go tanning!)

Tonight all the JERU girls are meeting for dinner at the Olive Garden. This is the last chance before me, Jessica and Janay get married over break, and Annie, Miriam, Tamarra go on their missions. What a crazy time! I just love my friends so much!!!

It's a lucky thing I am crazy busy this week because otherwise I would be VERY sad about all the fun times and memories I am leaving in Provo. Life goes on I guess, but I just didn't realize it would come upon me so FAST! Now I am graduating from college, getting married, moving away, looking for a job... I guess Heraclitus was write when he said "There is nothing permanent except change."

4 comments:

Noelle said...

The show must go on! Good luck on your last final and get excited for one of the best Christmas breaks EVER!!! Can't wait to see you in only 4 days!

Margene said...

Change is good. As you move along lifes path there are changes all along the way. We can't progress unless we are willing to bounce with the changes.

The biggest change I ever experinced was the day they placed that first little baby in my arms, my life has never been the same since.

good luck with all the changes that are taking place in your life. We are thrilled with them.

NatalieD said...

Change is especially good if you find it in the couch cushions. You are very adaptable and will adapt and thrive in any environment you find yourself in. Lots of adventures ahead for you, my dear!

Vessie Pearson said...

You're not leaving for good!