Tuesday, December 1

The BEACH!

I'm pretty behind on blogging. I don't REALLY want to catch up, but I'm excited to do a few posts highlighting a few things from our trip to California.

After arriving Friday afternoon, we did some work in the backyard and projects preparing the patio cover for a family party on Sunday. When the work was finished Saturday evening, Scott and I went to the BEACH! Newport and Balboa to be exact.

We started at Lookout Point. I enjoyed Pirates Cove (bouldering area) and just looking out over the vast sea. Then we went to Corona Del Mar, and Little Corona Del Mar. It's interesting how each beach is so different. We went tidepooling and found some cool sea slugs and such too...

Next we went to Balboa Island for my first Balboa bar!
What an experience! We had fun strolling past the shops, and then riding the ferry across to... I don't know where, to the other side!
Here I am on the ferry :)
Anyway, the entire evening was one big highlight, definitely my favorite experience from our 10 day trip to California!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That looks fantastic! I could use a sunset along the beach. Or at least a Bodega bar.

NatalieD said...

You're living proof that "life's a beach!" Carpe diem!