Thursday, November 12

Pleasure vs. Happiness

According to Aristotle, happiness is not a state of self-gratification or transient states of pleasure. Happiness, or the good life, which he called eudaemonia, is living and acting well; it is the habit of virtuous actions. Happiness comes from thoughtfully choosing the right way to live.

Transient state of pleasure:
Epitome of happiness:
:)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah, those shrimp were pretty tasty. Thanks to Bryan, we've got photobombing honed to an art. SO glad to experience the temple with you!

Angie said...

Stef, beautiful. I love it and can't wait to talk to you more about it.

Shawna said...

The epitome of happiness and lasting joy!

Hermana Whitehead said...

That first picture is hilarious!

Noelle said...

Oh I wish I had eaten a few more shrimp. I can afford to buy hummus again but those prawns are like a once a year type of deal.

Bryan Tanner said...

You need to post these in high-resolution so I can download them.

GRRRRRR!