Getting out of Provo was kind of crazy. After many changes of plans, I ended up driving my grandparents boat of a car (Lincoln) up to SLC with my cousin Matt. I heart Matt. We were both on the phone like 90% of the time- but it was fun to catch up between calls :)
Matt and I went in for the final award ceremony at the Primer of the John Tanner video at the conference center theater. It was cool to sit between Grandpa and Ed for that :) Afterward, I wandered the streets of SLC for a while until Sarah pulled up on the side of the road so we could go get some shopping done for the bride!
After navigating through construction for like an hour, we finally ended up in the Marriott hotel with Melissa- sparkling cider, presents, and girl talk followed...
This is the girl talk part:
Melissa's wedding was a total party. The five bridesmaids (4 cousins and 1 friend)
The highlight of the weekend was at the wedding luncheon when Scott joined the Tanner family in singing "A House Becomes A Home." It's tradition. Thanks Scott for participating, that was a big deal :) Anyway, I was a little sad because Scott and I got put at the "engaged and newlywed" table so I didn't even get to sit with my brother or cousins. Meh.
The reception center is a new place in Orem called Sleepy Ridge (it's a golf course). It was decorated beautifully and we had flavored drinks and then chocolate and cheese fondue.
Here are the bridesmaids. My cameras were running out of battery throughout the night, so I didn't get any great shots of us, but this is the idea...
I was SUCH a mess during the father/daughter dance. I stood there with Scott, right between Sheri (Tyler's mom) and Diane (Melissa's mom). Nobody really knew I was crying until Bryan came up telling me some random joke, and I turned around with tears streaming and a runny nose. It was just so cute to watch Melissa and Rob, two of my favorite people, and imagine myself closing that door to open a new one in just a few months. I think Melissa loves her dad almost as much as I love mine. Let me just say, I am going to be a HOT mess!
Oh Melissa and Tyler. LOVE them :)
Cute Donnette flew in for the wedding. We are just the best of friends!

4 comments:
Love the last pic! Big congrats to Melissa - I am so happy that everything went swimmingly. Wish I could've been there too.
Ok--I started having tears run when I read this! I will be a bigger mess than you at your wedding! I love your bridesmaid dress and want to know where you got it.
And I need to hear from you:)
Looks like a blast :) The yellow dresses are so cheerful. The girl party looked like a blast and the reception looked beautiful. Wish I could have been there!
The wedding looked like it was a lot of fun. Soon, we will be at yours! Have fun getting all ready for it.
Post a Comment