It was so fun to bump into Brother Brown (left) and Brother Skinner (right) on campus the other day! I was so grateful to have my camera with me so I could have a picture of the momentous occasion. Brother Brown is the current director of the center, and Brother Skinner, my phenomenal Ancient Near Eastern Studies teacher.
I will never forget pulling away from the JC in the large bus at 3am, and waving goodbye to Bro. and Sis. Brown on the corner sidewalk. We had many a good ping-pong match and I always loved sitting with them at the Oasis. Brother Skinner serenaded us with Michael Buble on the bus ride to Egypt, and taught me the context of the Bible in more detail than I ever thought possible.
Brother Skinner and his wife just moved back to Utah, and Bro. Brown flew back to teach at Education Week before the next program begins (tomorrow)! I feel so lucky to be surrounded with people who connect with me and truly want to me to understand and apply the truths I learn. Part of my heart is still in this beautiful city:

5 comments:
Looks like your lip has healed enough for you to smile. Other things (whistling, for example) will follow shortly, I'm sure.
I am SOOO jealous!
Serendipity to meet your Jerusalem mentors on campus!
I like Natalie's comment. Br. Skinner wrote the text for when I went. I miss Jerusalem . . .
ha ha, I like Natalie's comment too. You never sent me the pic of your fat lip.
Post a Comment