Wednesday, June 17

SCHOOL'S OUT!

Spring term is officially over!  School this time around was actually really fun!  Aside from the finance part of finance, that class was even great.  It was good to take BusM 301 up in Salt Lake, and I really enjoyed my teacher and classmates.  My class on family work was possibly the highlight of my BYU experience; I learned so much from Jenet Jacob.  I loved doing the readings and writing papers, and I always looked forward to class.  Our discussions were always so enlightening and insightful!  I wish I could share all that I learned with you, but the thesis for each of my 3 papers may give you an idea of what I focused on:
The efficiency orientation developed during industrialization contributes to the division of labor between men and women, the devaluation of women in the home, and a paradigm shift in terms of measuring worth, which led to the replacement of meaningful work and consequently a loss in the value content of daily living.
An exploration of reasons that predispose mothers to "burnout" suggest that motherhood itself presents intrinsic challenges, but there are also cultural and societal paradigms that have increased the likelihood of stress and burnout. 
Family work is an often invisible means of creating an atmosphere of love and unity made possible by the relational nature of individuals and the inseparability of the temporal and the spiritual as families recognize the value content of daily living.
And what do I do now that classes are over? Get a Jamba Juice and prepare for E-F-Y :) Oh, and pack my life up and put it in the car again...

6 comments:

Noelle said...

I know I've asked you this before, but can I PLEASE borrow your packet?

PS. I am happy for you and your jamba. If only a wee bit jealous.

Shawna said...

Will we have time to get together when you get home? XXOO

Bryan Tanner said...

So. You're going to be an EFY Counselor...

I knew dat.

Julie T said...

Some fun times and some good money too! This will show you how much you want to work with this age in the future!

Sara said...

So I clicked on my link to go to your blog and it tool like a second to load your entire blog and I realized you changed it so that it only loads the last couple of posts... YAY!

Heather said...

You're gonna be da bomb EFY counselor. Too bad Scott isn't one too . . .