Thursday, June 4

Reverence Invites Revelation

These are the FHE reverent chairs. Bryan does a good job folding his arms and closing his eyes for prayer. (I love Bryan SO much! He does such a great job with the kids. They trust him and love him because he lives the principles he teaches them. I can't wait for Uncle Bry to be a dad someday!)Margaret Lifferth did a superb job presenting her April conference talk, "Respect and Reverence." Her main idea was that we must cultivate in our homes respect for each other and reverence for God. President Boyd K. Packer gave a conference talk almost 20 years ago entitled “Reverence Invites Revelation.”

We have been called "to work together to teach, exemplify, and encourage the standards of respect and reverence that will strengthen our children and youth and invite the spirit of worship into our homes and chapels." I really believe that it is through practicing respect for each other that we create a reverence for our Father in Heaven, which simultaneously invites the spirit to "comfort, guide, teach and testify" through revelation.

Sister Lifferth reminds us of President Packer's promise to those who worship in reverence. “While we may not see an immediate, miraculous transformation, as surely as the Lord lives, a quiet one will take place. The spiritual power in the lives of each member and in the Church will increase. The Lord will pour out his Spirit upon us more abundantly. We will be less troubled, less confused. We will find revealed answers to personal and family problems.” That sounds good to me!

5 comments:

Bryan Tanner said...

Thanks for the shout out, Stef. You are a great one too.

This looks like a super talk. I'll have to read it tonight before I go myself to sleep.

Julie T said...

What I remember like it was yesterday, STef, was how you got busted every few months for laughing out loud during prayer! You seem to have made a miraculous transformation! :)

Julie T said...

PS Did you take the opportunity to hold a tarantula???

Heather said...

Bry sure IS great with the kids. He's been amazing this past week. Reverence is something we're working on with the kids right now.

Noelle said...

This was a great post. I don't remember that picture though. I think I never got all the xmas pics off your camera. Oh well. Cest le vie.