Monday, June 22

I Have A Dream...

That one day I will fly with just a purse for a carry on.

It seems that every time I fly, I somehow manage to “need” my regular backpack with my laptop, Nalgene and other necessities, and then a huge duffel along with that. My duffel carries my camera, maybe an extra lens, a hard drive… you know, all important things that require me to scatter them about a conveyor belt while I undo my belt, take off my shoes and remove my jacket. Oh, and don’t forget my watch, cell phone, rings and little camera that must be placed in the little dish. Oh, and what if I forgot to empty my Nalgene beforehand, or accidentally left some lotion or hand sanitizer in my backpack? All I can say is that it is a miracle I ever get past those guards with all my belongings in tow.

But, on the positive side, today’s flight from SLC to SEA was a dream. I really enjoy stateside travel. It’s pretty nice to skip over customs and not worry about a passport and such strict baggage regulations.

So I got to the airport about 3:45 for a 6:05pm flight. That’s about an hour and a half early for my liking. And, the flight actually departed at 6:25. So, I busied myself with blog writing (which will be posted intermittently throughout EFY) phone calls to family (Thanks for chatting Allie!) and my favorite, people watching. I just love it.

4 comments:

Bryan Tanner said...

Maybe in 50 years when the technology is small enough to fit inside your purse.

But by then, you'll be too crotchety to own any of it.

Noelle said...

I will never forget Bry's last experience with security, when they saw he had some aerosol, they just said, try not to bring this next time and let him through! some day I will join you in the only one purse...not now, too many things to get too many places and I'm too cheap to send them in the mail!

Heather said...

Just wait til you have to keep track of all your junk, plus all your kids' junk too! Glad you had a good flight.

Julie T said...

Amen to that one, Heather-Feather!