Tuesday, June 16

Feng Shui

Okay, are you ready for this? I officially only have 1 bag and 1 box left in Grandma and Grandpa's basement. That means I am letting go my love of material possessions and simplifying my life. I'm not capable of purging on my own really; I need someone to lay down the law and tell me that my "favorite" bright orange DC hoodie from 7th grade is going to the D.I.

This was the basement a little over a year ago. See all my junk exploding everywhere? I tried to cover it with blankets, but we all know it is a hot mess underneath that quilt.

And this is the basement now:

Yeah, it is a significant difference. I just have two words for you: FENG SHUI.

It was really fun to chat with Grandma and Grandpa while we were there. Grandpa is staying so positive through his surgeries, and Grandma is such a support to him. Grandpa and I once shared a pack of Red Vines at a baseball game when I was 3 years old. We love to reminisce and had a great chat while enjoying this snack together.

I hope I didn't ruin his blood sugar levels... my bad :)

10 comments:

Noelle said...

I like the coordinating stripes. I have memories of red vines and baseball games too. But the ones I remember were in a giant cylindrical bucket. Good job on the feng shui.

Hermana Whitehead said...

I just like saying "Feng shui".

Your grandparents are great people.

Scott said...

I glad you were willing to cut your ties with the orange DC hoodie. It was time, and you did a GREAT job! I mean just look at those pictures. You might become a minimalist yet.

Shawna said...

The joys of de-junking! You look pretty happy for a girl who just gave away her precious hoodie!

Heather said...

You are lookin' so fine in that feng shui pic. I LOVE getting rid of excess. Less mess. I've been doing that around here and got labeled as "nesting." Just ask Bry. Scott, thanks for helping her out, I'm sure she needed emotional support to distance herself. Hope Gpa didn't eat the vines all by himself . . .

Heather said...

Also, Scott has worn stripes in the last three posts. Two of them GRAY stripes. Hmmm. Interesting.

Noelle said...

Good call Heather. He likes stripes like Phil likes Polos....just can't stay away!

Bryan Tanner said...

I still can't believe you gave Red Vines to an elderly man with diabetes.

Noelle said...

ha ha ha, Bry's last comment has me snickering silently here at my desk. you guys are too funny

Lisa said...

Where is the rest of your stuff?!? I would hate to take a picture of my grandparent's basement when I'm away from school. Yikes!