Tuesday, December 2

Day One.

Maybe it would be most appropriate to begin my recount of a week in Mexico by introducing you to Tilly the chihuahua. That dog consumed approximately 60% of our conversations and ate tri-tip steak and prawns right along with us.

This is how I felt about Tilly at the start:
Once exposed to the dog for a bit longer, I came to appreciate her strengths. Even though Tilly has limited skills, she does keep good company and she is very loyal.

Probably the best part of our first day in Mexico was the fish taco experience. Scott wasn't kidding about the fish tacos; they were fabulous! As you can see, the fish is deep fried and then sprinkled with lemon and placed on a fresh, fresh tortilla. And the soda in a glass bottle just topped off the experience :)

6 comments:

Bryan Tanner said...

Yummy yummy! Fish tacos look fabulous!

Tila looks like she would make a good companion.

I glad you had such a good time Puff!

Noelle said...

Very cute. So who does the Chihuahua belong to? Is it Tilly Hathaway?

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Wow. You are tricky. Somehow you managed posts even while you were in Mexico....very interesting.

Stefanie, I love you. Heaps. Heaps and heaps. I'm excited to hear more of your Mexican adventures.

And by the way, it's a nifty jump rope trick. Hope to see you soon :)

Julie T said...

Best-fed chihuahua that I've ever heard of! She eats better than your parents. I think you're going to have to learn how to make those light, fresh tortillas. The colors are great in these photos! What I can't believe is that you never parted the waters!

Heather said...

Yeah, maybe you could make us some fish tacos over Christmas. . .

NatalieD said...

Yummy! Have you ever tasted honey-orange marinated salmon tacos at Ooba's in Redmond?