Monday, November 17

You're a blogger too.

It pays to carry your camera with you at all times. Here are some reasons I was especially glad to bust out my camera just this week. You just never know what great memories you will want to document.

A fun fall day with sidewalk chalk and a friend?
A fight breaks out between best buds who have zero inhibitions and will relentlessly torment each other, making an incredible show for screaming girls on the couch who don't know who's side choose, but throw playing cards at the boys to hieghten intensity.
You go to Costco only to find that gas has now fallen under $2!!!! What a joyous event! How could you not document this happy, happy day?
The most cuddly cat you have ever met that just crawls into your lap even when you are standing and don't exactly have a lap and you just love it so much that you are then late to help 4th graders decipher between mean, median and mode.

And I'm glad I put my camera in my church bag. Because last Sunday we held 2 hours worth of Presidency meeting in a storage closet. My bum hurt SO bad. How sad would it be to forget these choice moments that pop up every day? Bringing your camera for a shot at your child's band concert is a good idea, but I submit that it is better/equally important to capture the glories of everyday life. It is a learned behavior to plan for, and use your camera. But it can be done and it is worth it. Is your camera easily accessible, and is that battery charged? Probably... since you're a blogger too :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

You're gonna esp. appreciate that photo of prez. mtg. in the closet. Way to have your camera on you at all times.

Noelle said...

Great post. I completely concur--savor the moments. :) You could do a commercial for blogging!

Bryan Tanner said...

That cat is INCREDIBLE! I'm sure you wouldn't mind having a gato that affectionate...