Monday, October 27

My Momma

Mom, you are CHARISMATIC.



I think the term charismatic encompasses all my favorite things about you. Dictionary.com has several different definitions; here are some specific examples of how you correlate with each:

1. "Gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people."
You did a SUPER job organizing games for the cousins at the reunion this year. They absolutely LOVED you! I heard all about your fun ideas and ability to connect with each of the cousins at Snowbird in August. You are always seeking new, fun ideas and give things a go even if you're not sure what the outcome will be.

2. "Personal attractiveness or interestingness that enables you to influence others;Extraordinary power and appeal of personality."
You can connect with so many different types of people and be involved in so many lives because of the way you live. You share life experiences with women who have kids the same ages as your own, you serve the young mothers who want so desperately to be with their husbands, but have terrors for children, and there is nobody better than you at conversing with the elderly. You are a friend to the rich, the poor, the popular, the friendless, the sick, the peppy, the discouraged, the hopeful, and even/especially the foreigner.

3. A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.
You were the all-star primary teacher. Boy those kids loved you! You kept them in line, taught gospel principles, and had fun with them! I love that you were their teacher on Sunday, but their friend every single day! I'll just never forget the enthusiasm you aroused as Edith Ann at the ward talent show. I know you gain my "ferent, popular devotion" as we scheme together for a good cause! (I'm SO happy we just pulled over in the RV that night in NZ!)

Some synonyms for the term Charisma are: magnetism, pizzazz, drawing power, and glamor. Mom, you my friend, have a glamorous personality! Everyone you meet is drawn to your love for life and confidence in yourself. Thanks for inspiring confidence in me, and teaching me to chat with the old, scary woman behind the check-out counter :) I sure love you!

4 comments:

Hermana Whitehead said...

Beautifully and well put, Stefanie.

Noelle said...

What a great post, I agree whole heartedly. Mom=pizazz :)

Heather said...

Mom's the best, Amen.

Julie T said...

It's great to be adored by your own private fan club! (even if December is fast approaching and they do depend on you for Christmas presents! :) I'm not feeling particularly charismatic today with no heat for a week now! The guy came today and said we need a new furnace and it can't go in for another 4 days! Get the room heater!