Tuesday, August 19

"It's just Snowbird"

Too often I tell people about my excitement for Snowbird and they ask "What makes Snowbird so great?" I never have a solid answer, it's always something like, "I don't know, It's just Snowbird!"
Well here is a small sampling of the fun things we actually DO at Snowbird:
We like to swim. Synchronized routines were the name of the game this year, but we always love diving contests, swimming laps, hands up-stands up, and singing underwater. Dang, those were good times.
We usually find it in us to go down the mountain once during the week for a girls shopping trip. Melissa and I found these AMAZING North Face jackets at Nordstrom Rack. We love them. Maybe it's because we are from the northwest that we have a thing for The North Face, or maybe it's just because it is awesome! Anyway, neither of us bought it for $120 but we sure as heck came close!
We practice couch routines and hair tricks.
Um, tennis is pretty fun. We only played once because it's sort of frustrating when you don't have high skill levels.
We eat berries and sugar when the parents go to bed! Looks like Em missed the memo not to look at the camera... I love strawberries :)
The older girls went with Rob and Diane to a yoga class at the Cliff Lodge this year. The dancing girls were really good at it and the rest of us were, well, not so good... Melissa rocks. Take note of her left foot.



Do you ever just spend a week doing WHATEVER your heart desires? With your best friends? Well if you don't, you should. Because it will probably be the best week of your life.

4 comments:

Noelle said...

I love that Uncle Rob went to yoga class. Classic. Those strawberries are looking pretty delicious right now!

Heather said...

Looks awesome! Wish I had cousins my age...

NatalieD said...

You must blog about and post pictures of your upholstering adventure. (By the way, you have to be 21 in order to apply to be a contestant on "The Amazing Race." Can you wait a year?)

Anonymous said...

No wonder you love Snowbird, it looks like sooooooo much fun. Something going on every minute, and that is just what you love.
You are the action kid. I only wish I had one tenth of the pep you have.