Tuesday, July 22

girls girls girls :)

Who knew that the Relief Society camps? Well, I learned about it last summer with the 186th ward's KILLER campout, and got to go again here in California. We met Friday around 5ish, did our thing, and got back around noon Saturday. Quick and easy, but something totally fun! (The girl in green is my sidekick. Anywhere I am, she is. As is my instinct, I began so set my boundaries and declare my independence, but then I decided that there is no reason we can't just be best friends for this 3 weeks. What do I have to loose? I think it's the idea that we share the same name that originally drew her to me. Now there is no hope of sitting by anyone else at any church function, or having a conversation without being interrupted by her. That was a long side note...) Okay, so we made tin foil dinners, which I always love, and played some get to know you games.
Later we busted out the volleyball and tried our best to keep the ball in the air long enough to get it over the net. We went for a pretty fun hike in the morning. Due to varying aerobic abilities, we stopped to rest approximately every 2 minutes. No, minute and a half.

Living in California this summer has reminded me that not everyone is like me. I think ( hope!) I have become more patient and learned to appreciate differences in people and their backgrounds. I'm a lucky girl to be at BYU where my friends challenge me in board games and run hikes instead of walk them.


This is Tara Graves. She's really cool. She teaches 3rd grade and is the Relief Society president. The campout was the first time we met though... We sort of banded together during volleyball and had a really good time!

Does your relief society go on campouts? What do you put in your tin foil dinners?

3 comments:

Noelle said...

The campout sounds fun! I wish we went on campouts here, too many young mothers. we will be doing something campish in the near future though, cooking with dutch ovens. My favorite ingredients to add to Fin toil dinners are mushrooms, spices and cream of mushroom soup. There's nothing worse than a dry TFD. :)

NatalieD said...

You're certainly having a variety of experiences this year. I'm glad your blogging about them.

Heather said...

Ditto to Belle's comment. Wish we could do something like that. In my tin foil dinner the potatoes are my favorite part.