Poor Rob. I remember just feeling so sick looking at and thinking about the ramifications of his teeth meeting my cousin Andrew's forehead. Rob, Matt and Andrew (both cousins) were going in for the frisbee. Matt jumped up at the last second, snatched it, and pulled into a roll while Rob and Andrew's faces met where the frisbee had just been.
This is what happens when teeth sink into a face. Andrew had to get on a plane home about 2 hours post accident, so we quickly stitched him up and sent him on his way.
On the way home from the park, Bryan insisted that we stop by the store. We didn't know why, we just knew he wouldn't be satisfied until he got to the drug store. He went in, did his thing, and came out a proud owner of this mouth guard. I was pretty jealous. I'm not sure if Bry still wears it (he probably does...) but I know he used it not only for ultimate and tennis, but even sports like Ping-Pong :) You just never know when you're gonna get a paddle to the face.
This experience is so vivid in my memory. I refused to play ultimate for at least a year after it happened. Now I play every once in a while, but I'll always remember this experience and be more hesitant in my frisbee games.Have you ever felt physically sick after witnessing a traumatic event like this? Ever gotten stitches on your face? Do you wear a mouth guard when you play ping-pong?

2 comments:
Yeah, remember how we had to run for our lives to go tell the others? I had a pit too. I still laugh when I think of Bry's insistence at stopping at the sports store for his mouth guard. :) The saddest part was that the dentist lost his tooth like that!
Good blog Stef. I remember being most worried for Rob's dental practice.
Who wants to visit a dentist with his own set of false teeth?
Love you.
Post a Comment