Monday, July 21

Cuturally acceptable?

My fabric from Samoa has been under my bed for almost 3 months. Knowing my supply is limited, I was too nervous to actually sew with it in case I thought of some better use for it later. Well, I decided yesterday that I can't enjoy it if I don't use it. And an ipod case that actually fits my ipod is a worthy cause. So... I busted out the sewing machine (I always get happier when my sewing machine is out. I just love it!) and went for it. I put this band around it to tuck 1 headphone through and did a double layer of batting. It hasn't happened yet, but I know the day will come when my ipod falls out of my purse or I drop it or something...


I don't think I've ever sewed with a pattern. I just push the pedal and learn as I go. I could really use some sewing instrcution I decided, I have no clue what I'm doing... But, my projects usually come out okay :) I'm really excited that this new case fits my new ipod and that I can think of Samoa every time I use it! YAY!

Isn't it amazing how different the case looks on different backgrounds with different light? I couldn't get the reflection of the headphones in the piano without blowing out the earpieces in front. Any ideas photographers? How do you store your ipod? (yes, I am assuming you have an ipod... is that culturally acceptable of me?)

4 comments:

Noelle said...

That is one sweet case. I especially like the extra batting and headphone loop. I still use the case you sewed though it is falling apart. I have yet to make a case for my laptop so I think I'll make a new one to fit my nano with matching fabric. :) I'll try patternless too...you used a pattern on your first sewing project. That little bag at Aunt Kathy's!

Amy said...

Very cute. Mark and Brynn both got "I-POD" bags when we were in Estonia from this guy in the town who herds sheep or something like that. It was pretty cool and they love them :) So I think it's definitely culturally acceptable.

Julie T said...

Love it! Also love the new song you put on your playlist! It makes it feel like you are back home again. Does this mean you won't get to use that fabric in a quilt or skirt though?

Heather said...

Don't have an ipod, so I don't need to store it.