

I took the liberty of inviting Nathan Sharp to our partment murder mystery date. It was fun to do the invitations and plan out such a killer party. Clearly, this is my party dress and my creation: fruit pizza! My name was "Silky" and I ended up being the murderer! Megan was "torchy," a dirty lounge singer, Ali a reporter and Suzanne a sophisticated New Yorker! The best part of the night was dressing up :) Wait, the food was pretty awesome too!
Suzanne and I literally spent all day getting the food ready and transforming our front room into a speakeasy. It looked REALLY good. We moved the couches to enclose the room (and we actually kept them turned) and put up black streamers to close off the kitchen. We had the perfect lamp in the corner dimly lighting the room and little coffee tables throughout with the food. Suzanne and I even burnt bacon to create smoke in the room before the party! We had teh map up on the wall, along with other pictures of the time period.

We all had fun speaking in a Chicagan accent the entire night, but megan was definitely the best among us. Suzanne pulled out political and geographic genius from the time and actually used it to promote her case. She was such an AWESOME host! We had raspberry slush in martini glasses and eclairs for dessert. The cheeses, meats and crackers made us feel so sophisticated :) Murder mystery's aren't as bad as I thought...

3 comments:
Ya look great silky--I'll have to show you my picture in the dress. (And my picture of when I was silky--how ironic!) The food looked pretty awesome too.
I think your calling in life is to be an event/party planner!
What a hoppin' party - wish I could've come. The food looked great and so did all of you!
Post a Comment