Monday, October 29

The glory that is: BEST COSTUME :)

The Halloween party this weekend was a real hit! It was so much fun to host and I think everyone had a really good time ☺ We had 2 apartments next door to each other host the dance party, and game room, ,with talking and eating space in the hallway between. The decorations were awesome and we had party guests bring the food. I am probably out about $20 total for the event- SO worth it! We even had bouncers prepared to turn people away if their costume was not up to par. We were serious about this! The dance party had a strobe light and we just switched out people’s ipods to give variety and keep the music movin’! I did a couple of jump rope stunts (tunnel, donkey kicks, wheelbarrow, leap frogs…) with some of the boys in apt. 24.





I should have taken better pictures of the food table- my bad. Here are some of the things we had:
Homemade root beer
Witch fingers (twisted breadsticks w/ almonds for fingernails and marinara sauce blood.)
Spiders (Oreo’s with shoelace licorice legs)
Festive cupcakes
Buckeyes!!! (very well dipped- skill!)
Chips… and other random snacks

The other apartment had games going all night long! There was a donut eating contest, bobbing for apples, the paper bag game, Limbo, and a Jazzercise lesson when I won BEST COSTUME! Boy was that exciting! I gave an acceptance speech, held my trophy proudly, and then led the group in a 2 minute Jazzercisze routine. When I thought I couldn’t go any faster, I accidentally announced that we were switching to “double time!” Oops…

6 comments:

Noelle said...

Wow Stef,
That is QUITE the costume. It reminds me of those days when we'd go through the costume box and dress crazy and make movies of ourselves. I'm glad you won. :)

Shawna said...

What a great Halloween party--surely it's just a coincidence that the party planner was also the costume contest winner, isn't it Stefanie????!!!!

Heather said...

Double time! I'll tell Wendy you dressed as her and won the contest, she'll get a kick out of that.

Julie T said...

I couldn't see the others too well, but from my point of view, your costume totally rocked! From socks to hair, you "took my breath away"! (Wish I could have been a bat in the corner...)

NatalieD said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again--you are the ultimate party animal, Stefanie!!!

Noelle said...

I just looked at this picture again and noticed that the girl in front is RUFIO! That's such a good idea for a costume. :)