Hey there Familia!
Conference weekend was pretty much amazing. Here is a brief Itinerary. I think this will be the easiest way to organize it.
Friday: LONG day at school, did a little shopping at old navy (spent $25 total for 1 blouse, 1 great shirt and a SWEET action collegiate skirt). I also used my Starbucks gift card for a carmel apple cider to "celebrate" the first snow. Went with about 10 friends to the movie Hairspray at the dollar. THAT is a great movie. It was a little dirty, but good overall. Zack was really touchy leading up to this, then went in for the hand hold during the movie. We did the witch walk out of the theater and he danced with me in the rain :) We seriously have so much fun. I find myself just laughing my head off when we're together.
(I just put this pic in for kicks)Saturday: Got up at nine and made breakfast with Suzanne. We had bacon, eggs, pancakes and juice. Great way to start out conference weekend. Megan ate with us too! Then I drove up to Sandy with Zack. My friend Jenni invited me to come over for conference. She is in my parenting class and is such a fun girl! Turns out... she dated Zack for about a year during high school and waited for him on the mission. It didnt work out. So, he dropped me off to spend the weekend with her :) We watched conference and then went to the movie game plan and out to dinner at Up-Chuck-A-Rama. There were probably 4 girls and 10 boys. The boys met us for dinner after priesthood. Then we went home and played Catch phrase, Ticket to Ride, and Scum. FUN stuff! Zack spent the weekend with his family, but came over for games. Well, games ended at about 1 am, but Zack and Ben (Bryan's roommates and Ben is going to NZ) stayed until 5 am just chatting with me and Jenni. We detailed all of our relationship histories which was pretty amazing/awkward since Jenni and Zack dated so serioulsy. Jenni doesn't know what's going on with me and Zack. Ugly potential there.
(this picture just cracks me up)Sunday: Woke up AT 10am. Enjoyed conference and went to one of the Mathews' friends houses for lunch. Had fun with a guy there named Neal. He is graduating in April and going into Opthamology. I liked him a lot. Then, went back for the afternoon session. We had lasagna for dinner and talked about the couple there who got engaged on temple square that morning. They were fighting all the time and she kept ordering him around... As I was doing the dishes, I got a text notifying me that Zack's 3 day old neice was at his house (5 min away). He said I could come over and meet baby Ava, but the real question is " are you prepared to meet my family?" He had his parents 6 siblings and in-laws, and all of their kids over... about 40 people... I replied "Heck yes." My quick and confident response got me a text saying, "Wow, you're really confident about that- I'm going to give you one last chance to back out, or forever hold your peace." So I reminded him that I hadn't showered in 2 days and was running on very, very little sleep, but that Im down if he was. So, he picked me up and I met the baby and the fam. They were super wild and crazy, and normal. Every single woman there was pregnant, or just had a baby that week. The kids were all trying to impress me and Zack's brothers did grill me. Zack said they were behaving themselves this time, but "next time," they're really gonna have at me. I think I'll just bring a copy of my resume for each family. Serious. So, we kind of finished up there, and headed out merry way back to Provo. Our relationship is a lot different than with Kevin. I can be completely 100% myself around Zack and not even think twice about it. It's pretty great. We spent some time with my roommates last night, and then went for a walk to talk about the weekend and how/when we started liking each other. Communication is so great! now that i prettymuch bore my soul, class time is over :)

4 comments:
Well, I like the name Zack, but I will have to meet him in order to give my full approval.
Stef, nice detailed account of the weekend. I like that...now I feel much more connected with what's going on with you and why we can never chat anymore. :)
I'm glad you had a fun weekend but I'm surprised you haven't taken any pictures with Zack yet. Is your camera still in working order? I did, however, thoroughly enjoy the randomly placed pictures from our past. The one with mom doing "hang loose" is classic.
It sure sounds like you had a great weekend, all right! Even exceeding Whistler-jigsaw puzzles and all! I love the resume idea. Seriously. Only I would make one up with all these exaggerated, phenomenal things mixed in to pop their eyes, then you can spend the next hour sorting truth from fiction. Is Zach so ugly that you're waiting another month to showcase the mugshot? Bigger question, what's his last name?
No, I'll bet he's a saxy loo-tal-in. I can't believe what a great and detailed accounting you gave, I feel like I was practically there with you. Good luck w/Jenni. Did you type that all in class?
Post a Comment