Sunday, September 23

light bulbing IKEA

Hey there everyone!
I am alive... and blogging again! I just uploaded another 150 pictures, so we'll have some good posts rolling this week. If I can whil up some MFHD papers that is... These first pictures are from quite a long time ago, so you may have heard one or both of these stories. I hope not, for your sake, but I think they'll make much more sense with the pictures to accompany them :)

These are our upstairs neighbors Jessica (left) and Chelsea. They are really, really fun girls- just a little too much fun. We hear their music all the time and they dont go to bed until late hours of the morning, and sometimes even not at all. The girls in my apartment have mixed feeling toward them. They are best friends from Vegas and boy do they no how to have fun! I was pretty good friends (and VT companions) with Jessica over summer term, but the longer I know her, the more tiresome her predictable, and high pitched laugh is. I am a little proud of myself though- I definitely have the most patience out of us 4 in my apartment. But the day this picture was taken, they just got to be too much. 13-15 extreme pounds came from above over a 10 minute period. Come to find out they were practicing dance moves off the couch as they attempted to re-enact a dance from High School Musical. What ended up to be the final thump busted the lights in our living room. We knew it was bad, but when the lights went out and even cracked, I had to go up and let them know what their actions had caused and took it upon myself to scare them into better behavior for the future as well. They were very apologetic, and brought us light bulb shaped sugar cookies in attempt to make up for it. We forgave them. But sometimes cringe at the sound of laughter in the fishbowl, i must admit...



So... Our bathroom is sick. Monticello has been around for centuries, and so has the shower curtain. We took it upon ourselves to purchase a new one with a matching rug to enrich our entire apartment's experience in the loo. And what better place to get it than IKEA!!! The IKEA in Riverton is pretty dang amazing, but labor day probably wasnt the wisest time to go. It was absolutely PACKED!!! In the IKEA spirit, I wore my blue and yellow, $1 VV shirt that says "SEATTLE IKEA" on the front. Bad idea. I had millions of lost customers asking for my opion on anything IKEA. I answered questions concerning international shipping all the way to wood stain longevity. And I even got asked to hold a screaming child. The point of this story is that we got a shower curtain and matching teal rug for cheap. So far it's working out great!

p.s. Dad- I wore a bathing suit in this picture for your viewing pleasure!

3 comments:

Noelle said...

Stef, this was hilarious to read. I had never heard either of these two stories and was highly amused that your neighbors broke you light bulbs. :)Cute shower curtain and I found it especially funny that you were asked all those questions with your IKEA shirt on. (did you really pretend that you were an employee?) The screaming child bit topped it all off!

Heather said...

Almost every time I'm in Barnes and Noble I am mistaken for an employee. I guess we just feel so at home in the stores we love, and we obviously know a lot about them. Great stories, I hadn't heard them either.

gwt said...

How could I not reply to the Dad I am wearing a bathing suit comment. That's a mercy!

Seriously, welcome back to the posting world. I got home early today at 9pm after following a U-haul with an open back door and a 2 wheel truck that fell out right in front of me!! I am safe as is everyone else, but it was a bit of a scare. Ain't life grand. Enjoy the new curtain and thanks for helping mankind at IKEA.