Sunday, September 23

Hand Slappingly GREAT Dinner

I have class in just a few moments, but want to take this opportunity to post for you all. It is offically COLD here. 34 degrees this morning. Ali sprained her ankle playing raquetball yesterday, so I scraped the car down and drove her to school this morning. That was probably a pretty dangerous choice because I got about 3 hours of sleep. I kind of scared myself yesterday because I just completely didn't write a paper. I have NEVER done that before and so it got me thinking about how I have changed for the worse... The good news is that the paper is written and ready to submit in 15 when class starts. It was a pretty rouch night though. My paper is a critical analysis of a study performed on long-term effects of divorce on children. So the subject matter was divorce, but that's not what I wrote about at all... This feels so nice to be using my "real" voice writing this blog instead of my formal, let me impress you writing style. So, in the end of the day, I deserved to only get 3 hours of sleep, but I probably would do it the same way again. I have been doing non-stop goodness the past week and can't think of any activity I wish I'd sacrificed to write the paper. It is 10 pages and I started at 10pm last night.

Okay, this is not supposed to be a "longee," so I'll stop blabbering and tell you about the pictures. This first one is at our ward opening social. We went up the canyon and had a fire, dutch oven cook off, and group skits. While we were waiting for things to get going I enlisted some new people in this hand-slappingly fun game :) This is always a winner- especially in the college setting where 1-2 participants usually thank me for "creating opportunity" to you know, touch elbows or something with their crush. I do what I can...



Dad was SO awesome to take Bryan and I and our friends out for dinner on Saturday night. Ottavio's is a great place! The food was awesome and the company even better! I was just sad I didn't get to sit by dad. I guess it's all about sharing the love :) The next morning dad came to my Relief Society lesson and then chatted it up with my roommates until I got home from ward council. The cougar figurine mom sent has kind of become an apartment mascot. Maybe even a moticello mascot...

8 comments:

Noelle said...

I'm very happy you got your paper done in time. That sounds like an intense topic that requires research, I'm glad you pulled off all ten pages AND managed to find time to sleep three hours.

I want to see a picture of the apt mascot!

I find it funny in the Ottavio's photo that neither you nor Bry is sitting next to your father. :)

NatalieD said...

So, what are the effects of divorce on children? What did you discover?

Julie T said...

Amazing you were able to pull that off-10 pages in one night. Let me know if you get a B or above! It gives me a stomach ache just thinking about it-you really are one determined damsel!

Stefanie Elyse said...

Its a terrible thing Natalie, a terrible thing... I didn't research what the effects are though. I wrote a paper critically analyzing a psychological study (that was interested in the effects of divorce). I basically criticized the researcher for anything she did that made results and conclusions inaccurate.

Heather said...

I remember way back in the day when I was at the Y and Dad took me out to Ottavio's. But it was just a Daddy Daughter date. Did he mention his friend who did the artwork on the restaurant walls? I think it might've been a gradeschool teacher.

Stefanie Elyse said...

I guess it has been a while since you were kicking around Provo... and yes heather, of COURSE he told me about the gradeschool artist :) Thats a conversation topic you can count on when at Ottavio's with dad.

gwt said...

For posterity - Corey Dangerfield, ward and elementary school artist friend did the paintings on the walls. It has been fun to have dinner there. Thanks Bry for bailing us out when the wait at Olive Garden looked like it could be 50 min!! I had a great time and am glad to have had a chance to get to know all the great people in your lives.

Heather said...

OOH, I like the last name Dangerfield. Maybe he has a son for you, Stef!